Warehouse management specialist Snapfulfil has published five “top tips” on what to look for when selecting a new warehouse management system (WMS).
Managing Director Tony Dobson said: “Whether it’s a single warehouse or a complex multi-site operation, goods need to be in the right place at the right time and finding the right management system can be a challenge. There are five key factors that need to be considered.”
1. Speed of implementation – Time is money but many WMSs can take months or even years to install. The latest software can now be up and running in weeks, cutting costs and causing minimal disruption to the business.
2. Flexibility - The way people shop is evolving and warehouse managers need to adapt. Any new system must be “future-proofed” to meet changing customer needs as well as trading peaks and troughs.
3. Visibility into availability – A single view of stock is vital. Knowing exactly where stock is and in what numbers is key to ensuring speedy, successful fulfilment and customer satisfaction.
4. Product delivery accuracy – A delivery accuracy of around 90 percent is simply not good enough. Any company implementing a new WMS should be aiming to achieve much closer to 100 percent.
5. Despatch and delivery information – When it comes to customer satisfaction this is one of the most crucial measures of all. Research shows that customers want to be kept informed and updated of their delivery.
To learn more, visit www.snapfulfil.com